WILNO 1925 - 1939


                                                                                 Flaga Rzeczypospolitej Polskiej                                                                                        

   Title:            Towarzystwo Radiotechniczne ELEKTRIT.

                       Wilno 1925 - 1939.

   Author:        Henryk Berezowski 
        Price:   23,00 Euro
   Cover:          hard

Porto (Europa):  6 Euro

Shipping: to 2 working

 days after receipt of



   Pages:          128 (color)

   Illustrations: 270 

   News Publishing! Already on sale!



                                                                                RADIO ENGINEERING ASSOCIATION
                                                                                              VILNIUS  1925 - 1939

         The story of the Vilnius-based ELEKTRIT Radio Engineering Association (Towarzystwo Radiotechniczne ELEKTRIT) and the fate of its employees epitomises the complex and confused history of Poland and the Poles under the Second Republic and the People's Republic. It interweaves a variety of themes - political, ethnic, religious and, of course, technical.
    The geographical position of Vilnius on the Eastern Borderlands of Poland’s Second Republic attracted not only Poles, but other nationalities as well, including a sizeable Jewish community.  The strong influence of communist organisations could also be felt.

     It is thanks to the initiative of individual citizens that, in this city devoid of industry, a factory producing a new technological invention, that would come to be known as radio was established
– the Elektrit Radio Engineering Association. Considerable capital investment, modern methods of production and the purchase of a license from the Viennese Minerva company soon put the Association at
​​the forefront of domestic radio manufacturers.
      The Association became Poland’s only exporter of wireless receivers. It took part in most major national and international exhibitions and fairs. Farsighted and vigorous expansion, in conjunction with significant outlay, soon made
it a recognisable international brand: Elektrit. Meanwhile, it was often sidelined, boycotted and criticised at home because of his purportedly “unchristian” origins.
The advent of war in 1939 and the Soviet occupation of Vilnius put an end to the Association’s dynamic growth. Together with its staff it is moved to Minsk in Belarus, where the specialists from Vilnius start producing radios in a new factory. Yet another occupation, German this time, in the years 1941-1944 brings with it widespread destruction.
      After the war, many of the surviving Vilnius professionals go on to rebuild the Polish radio engineering industry,
e.g. the Diora Works in Dzierżoniów and the Radiotechnika Cooperative in Wrocław.
Subsequently, however, they leave their country and settle in the four corners of the world.

                                                                                                                                                              Translated by Piotr Paszkowski